Sunday, January 31, 2010

the edge...


I teetered on the edge of my new journey. A land of gold, an unexplored horizon, all glaring at me. I will discover. My flesh and the heavy heart will traverse this continent with a swift tempo of the aboriginal drum. The beats of my soul move beyond the echo of blue.




Climbing to the top of the very needle that pin-pointed my new home, catapulted me to an explorer claiming my destination. I floated above the vibrant blue and growing green, stark silver and the hollow black. All Man-made. The Man-made lake and the edifices of silver and gray containing domains of power and the cluster of knowledge.


I soared above the roads that etched out concentric circles and bubbled the land as inhabitable suburbs. Amid the soft feathery clouds and the lush green earth, the green blue water and the bounty of the sun, my mind fluttered. Although we etch out our world, what have we truly made?


My toes curl over the edge of the world. A step into tomorrow, a free fall to my volition.

No comments:

Post a Comment